Our friends at King Arthur Flour have come up with what we feel is the BEST cake ever! If you love pistachio nuts and chocolate like we do...you're going to go as wild over this cake as we did! Try it...you'll thank us later!
- 3/4 cup (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup pistachio paste
- 1 3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- chopped pistachios for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-cup Bundt pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the butter, cream cheese, and pistachio paste until soft and fluffy.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine; the batter will be stiff.
- Add the flavorings, optional food coloring, and 1 egg. Beat well. Continue to add the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping the bowl after each addition. When done, the batter will be very fluffy. Mix in the chips and nuts.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 70 to 80 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven, and after 5 minutes turn it out of the pan to cool on a rack. The cake will be golden brown with a dark brown edge, and a fine crumb inside.
- To make the glaze: Melt together the chocolate and cream over low heat; stir until smooth and cool to lukewarm. Pour over the top of the cake, and sprinkle with chopped pistachios before the glaze hardens.
We hope you enjoy this cake as much as we did!
Last weekend, I decided to make my Mom's Apple Pie over on my Afoodieaffair blog, and saw that I was out of Parchment paper. Now, I could have driven over to my office and got some, or gone to the store to buy some for that matter. But I was too lazy, and decided I'd [...]
Get a Jump Start on your Holiday Shopping with these great decorative trays!We've got a great selection of decorative trays perfect for giving as a hostess gift or to your favorite person that has everything! Avoid disappointment with out of stock items by shopping early!
Want to create beautiful whipped cream desserts during the summer, but are afraid they'll fall before its time to eat them? King Arthur Flour's Instant Clearjel to the rescue! Instant Clearjel is a modified food starch made from corn that thickens instantly when it comes into contact with liquid. By mixing a small amount in [...]
These great decorative planters come in 12", 15" or 18" sizes. All sizes in coordinating patterns!We also offer bird baths, houses and bird towers in matching patterns!Our Kaleidoscope yard ornaments can be hung from trees or placed on poles to dazzle in your yard!
Serving salads during the summer can be a pain as those pesky bugs seem to get into everything. The other day I noticed these great glass jars with covers that you can serve your salads in. They're see thru, can be put in the refrigerator, and stay covered to keep those flying inserts out! If [...]